Tuesday 19 June 2012

A quick word on the ingredients and things.

I will happily confess that I am turning into a health food 'freak', if you will. Partly to blame (although I love them for it) are my housemates, who for my birthday bought me: 

  • Maca powder; a Peruvian root vegetable, that is ground up into a fine powder, and is supposed to be a superfood. Contains all sorts of carbs and fibre and all sorts, great for energy. I put it in nearly everything now, but doesn't mean you necessarily have to. It does make things delicious though.
  • Rooibos Chai Tea: more just a demonstration of my health-foodyness; I've started drinking herbal teas. They're great though, rooibos is fantastic before bed, it's caffeine-free. I may experiment with infusions...
Not typical gifts, but I love them. I also put pumpkin/sesame seeds in a lot of things, but (while I recommend getting hold of some, because they make things tasty and are chock-full of good things) they are often not essential.

What I'll try and do is when I put recipes out, I'll add an 'optional ingredients' segment to the ingredient list, so it says what I use, but not what is essential to the recipe.

I still love you guys: Dom, Owen and everyone for the healthfood birthday, and Hannah, for getting me on the seeds. 

2 comments: